2022 TCS London Marathon: run for #TeamSettle
It’s been a long time coming but we’re so excited for this year’s London Marathon, where we have the space for four runners to support our community of young people.
We’re lucky enough to have a place for one runner in the London Marathon main event, as well as three virtual places to run the same distance on the same day, but in a location of your choice. Last year the London Marathon and the virtual London Marathon combined broke the record for the world’s biggest-ever marathon event, and this year’s event is set to be another unmissable event.
When: Sunday 2nd October 2022
Distance: 26.2 miles!
As well as the official shirt and medal you will receive from the London Marathon for completing the challenge, there are loads of perks of running for Settle:
- Your very own Settle support team to cheer you on at multiple locations throughout the day
- Raise money to help prevent young Londoners from becoming homeless
- A brand new personalised and branded Settle running top
- One to one support from Evie, our brilliant Fundraising Officer, who can help with tips and guidance for your fundraising challenge
- Invitation to a post Marathon event to celebrate your hard work and dedication
- Peer support and connection with our other fantastic runners to share your journey and build-up to the big day
Running the TCS London Marathon in-person
Fundraising target: Minimum £2,000
Registration Fee: £100
If you run for Settle at TCS London Marathon’s main event, you’ll experience an incredible atmosphere as thousands cheer you on as you run past the iconic sights of the capital including Big Ben, Tower Bridge and Buckingham Palace.
Running the Virtual London Marathon
Where: You choose!
Fundraising Target: Minimum £500
Registration Fee: £30
If you’d prefer a DIY Marathon experience and opt for a virtual Settle place, you’ll experience the freedom to design your own Marathon route – your favourite park, a coastal road, all downhill – you decide! You have the full 24 hours on 2nd October to complete your challenge so you can take it at your own pace, with walks and as many breaks as you’d like. Another positive of the virtual option is that as you’ll plan the route, you can choose to do it away from the hustle and bustle of typical mass running events. Although, depending on the location of your chosen running route, Settle staff can come and cheer you on if you’d like to still have some fanfare.